Listed in Travel & Tourism
- 24 Miro Road, Raumati South, Paraparaumu, Kapiti Coast
Hi, I’m Dee, a Kiwi living in New Zealand. Some years ago with the assistance of my husband Chris, and a friend, I established a primary school in a large slum area on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya, set up primarily for needy children who would more than likely never have the chance of receiving an education.
I have since set up my own tour business taking small group tours to Kenya for a true local, grass-roots LOW-COST African adventure.
My 3-week “all inclusive” tours include visiting the school (of course!), where we interact with the children for a few hours, plus all this ….
* Go on safari in world famous Maasai Mara, in search of the Big-5
* Visit an amazing baby elephant orphanage project whose primary objective is to have them released back into the wild
* Dance with the Maasai tribe
* View spectacular scenery and wildlife … by bicycle!
* Take a hike through a deeply gouged gorge and rugged terrain, guided by a Maasai warrior
* Stay in a tented bush camp and listen to the sounds of Africa at night
* Experience an up close ‘n personal brush with hippo
* See how the magnificently talented local wood carvers turn chunks of wood into exquisite works of art
* Visit a fantastic porcelain bead making project set up some years ago to provide employment for single mums
* Interact with the colourful Maasai tribe and visit a manyatta
Plus more …..
Please login to add your review.